Northstar Travel Group Response to COVID-19
In light of recent news reports regarding the spread of the novel coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), Northstar would like to share information regarding our response to these developments and operational continuity. Northstar is actively monitoring the developments related to COVID-19. The threat of the virus has put everyone on alert as governments, regulatory agencies, and health professionals provide guidance and possible restrictions to prevent the spread of the virus.
In preparation for any disaster or outbreak, Northstar is prepared to implement our Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Plan, in whole or in part if required, in the event any country or city or state is designated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as Level 1— “Limited Community Transmission” or higher. The following protocols will be implemented prior to or upon such designation. In some cases, in the interest of ample caution we have already started on some of the below:
• Transition to a minimum critical onsite staff level and identify staff
who must be on-site
• Non-critical staff told to work from home but remain on network to maintain service continuity
• Validate critical equipment and software necessary and is available for every staff to be able to fully work remotely and continue to effectively deliver business services
• Active and ongoing engagement with critical partners, vendors, and suppliers to assure their pandemic response plans and capacity to provide service continuity
• Cyber awareness training for staff to mitigate increase in cybercriminal activities
• Maintain current guidance as issued by the government and/or ruling health organizational body
Majority of Northstar’s non-critical platforms and 100% of critical platforms are cloud-based and therefore not dependent on our offices being open. Our datacenter partners have already instituted their business continuity and pandemic plans, including provisions for ensuring all datacenters remain fully operational and are equipped with the necessary equipment and supplies.
Our top priorities—now and always—is the safety and well-being of our employees and the communities in which we operate and the business continuity of our customers. Our most profound gratitude is with those in the medical profession on the front lines of confronting this public health emergency.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our preparation, please direct any questions to your service representative or email us at email@example.com.